Braces aren’t just for kids anymore. In the past, adults choose to live with crooked teeth rather than be seen with a mouth full of metal, announcing to the world that they’re straightening their teeth. Now, with the advent of clear braces and the superior results they can achieve, you can get straight teeth, no matter how old you are — and no one need be the wiser. Only you and your dentist know for sure.
Visit a cosmetic dentist in the Albany area, and you can have straight teeth and a beautiful smile. But consider that an adult may need up to two years of braces to achieve the results you want. You probably don’t want to wear highly visible metal braces or straighteners for that length of time, even though they’ll do the job.
Clear braces, also called invisible braces, give you options if you want to straighten your teeth without letting everyone notice. There’s nothing wrong with wearing visible braces, but invisible braces for teeth help you look your best surreptitiously while undergoing a smile makeover or just a teeth straightening procedure.
As always, consulting a cosmetic dentist or an orthodontic team you trust, like Albany County Dental Associates, is a great place to start. But with braces, it’s more about personal preference as well. Choosing a cosmetic dentist who’s also your family dentist gives you a head start because he knows you.
Clear Braces vs. Metal Braces
Regarding the question of clear braces vs. metal braces, your choice depends on what you want, your insurance coverage and your available budget. No matter which way you go, however, it’s vital that you maintain good daily oral hygiene and keep you bi-annual cleaning appointments! Pros and cons for clear braces vs. metal braces include:
- Traditional metal braces are typically less expensive.
- Clear ceramic braces or clear bracket braces work like metal braces, but they’re made of ceramic or plastic material, which allows them to be clear and nearly invisible.
- Generally, metal braces are more durable. They can take more pressure, they can straighten your teeth faster.
- Clear bracket braces are more brittle than metal braces and may break more easily.
- Metal braces don’t require as much careful cleaning as clear bracket braces.
- Clear ceramic braces can be just as effective as metal braces, even if they take a little bit longer and need more attention.
- Of course, invisible braces are a lot less noticeable.
4 Normanskill Blvd #401,
Delmar, NY 12054
+1 (518) 261-4800