Our best dentists in Stamford claim that tooth decay often begins at an early age, making young children particularly susceptible. Nearly half of 2-11-year-olds have experienced tooth decay while 32% of kids between 9 -11 years old display cavities in their permanent teeth. Major contributing factors to this public health problem include baby formula with added sugar and heavily-sugared fruit juices. Even breast milk can cause cavities in baby teeth because of the natural sugars present.
Care for baby teeth should begin as soon as the first tooth appears. Dental care of Stamford recommends bringing your child in for an exam no later than his or her first birthday. And regular six-month checkups with our best pediatric dentist from then on will put kids on a similar schedule to most adults. We can monitor your child for dental problems while customizing preventive coaching to fit specific conditions.
As a parent, some early steps can help guard your child against tooth decay, even before the first dental visit:
- Your baby’s teeth should always be flushed with water or wiped down with a damp cloth after feeding, especially before they fall asleep. Milk or formula residue left in the mouth can promote decay even in the youngest patients. Untreated cavities can eventually lead to pain and infection.
- Try to wean your child off breastfeeding or bottled milk by age one year. This effort helps avoid decay and minimizes the chance of jaw growth problems from excessive sucking.
- Begin brushing as soon as the first tooth appears. Even a small piece of tooth showing can develop a cavity. Start by brushing with a soft-bristled brush and water, and ask your dentist at kids dentistry Stamford when it’s ok to begin using a small amount of toothpaste.
- Once your child is old enough to begin brushing on his or her own, continue to monitor their brushing, going back to clean any areas they may have missed.
- Don’t give bottles of sugary drinks or milk before bedtime
- Use a straw with sugary beverages to allow the teeth to have less contact with the liquid.
- Try to limit the overall sugary foods your child eats and drinks.
Whenever you need a dentist, get the best care available. Contact Stamford Dental Arts to schedule an appointment. Call ahead for a dental emergency or come in for a regular checkup by calling us at (203) 504-8745. Visit our clinic and observe the difference that it can make in your life and the lives of your family.
Payment: cash, check, credit cards.
Working Hours :
Monday: 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Stamford Dental Arts
44 Strawberry Hill Ave Suite 1
Stamford, CT 06902
Our location on the map: https://goo.gl/maps/Y2YfWteR7rjhUzUT6
Ridgeway | Strawberry Hill | Glenbrook | East Side Of Stamford | Downtown
06905 | 06902 | 06906 | 06901, 06905
Read more about our dentists:
View other locations Stamford Dental Arts has been mentioned:
Keywords: cosmetic dentist Stamford, dental specialist in Stamford, dentist in Stamford, dentistry Stamford, veneers Stamford, dental implants Stamford, Stamford dentist, crowns Stamford, Invisalign Stamford, family dentist Stamford, Stamford dental specialist, Stamford cometic dentist, invisible braces Stamford, free invisalign consultation Stamford, invisalign specialist Stamford, invisalign consultations Stamford, invisalign dentist Stamford, best invisible aligners Stamford, free invisalign consultation Stamford, affordable invisalign Stamford, Family Dentistry, Teen’s Dentistry, Children’s Dentistry, Adult’s Dentistry, Sealants, Teeth Cleaning, Cavity Fillings, Cosmetic Dentistry, Crowns, Bridge, Veneers, Bonding, Dentures, Zoom whitening, Implants, Dental Implants, Single Tooth Implant, Denture Implants, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Periodontal Disease, Gum Disease Treatment, Oral Surgery, Oral Appliances, Sleep Apnea, Teeth Grinding