which restoration is best

Hi to everyone,

I just joined the website and look forward to having imformative dialogue.

I'm curious...for posterior metal free restorations, what is the preferred product choice?

E-max seems the logical choice since I'm already doing Empress and have the equipment.

There are many to choose from and I want to make the most cost effective choice.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Lori

You need to be a member of WebDental, LLC to add comments!

Join WebDental, LLC

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cesar,
    I have fabricated 3-unit posterior bridges with emax and they are holding up very well.

Cesar Da Costa said:
    E-max is a marvelous material of choice, but has it`s restrictions.
    We for instance, wax and press a full contour even for anterior geting centric contact on the press material,
    and then layer enamel / translucent powders on facial only. yet still limited for singles only.
  • E-max is a marvelous material of choice, but has it`s restrictions.
    We for instance, wax and press a full contour even for anterior geting centric contact on the press material,
    and then layer enamel / translucent powders on facial only. yet still limited for singles only.
  • Hi Dean,
    I am constantly getting inquires from my Drs. regarding metal free crowns. I sometimes wonder the if reason is to avoid the sky-rocketing costs of metal. They want me to employ some pressable ceramic besides Empress.
    I rarely get requests for PFMs anymore. So..to keep my business afloat, I need to make a move.
    Any suggestions?
    Lori

Dean Mersky said:
    Lori, why do you want metal free?
  • Lori, why do you want metal free?
This reply was deleted.