Everyone and everything needs a little help to look its best…your teeth are no exception!
They rarely stay as white as you want them to be, but with the help from your dentist you can get them exactly as white as you want…
You would want to know about teeth whitening before getting it done…
Reasons why your teeth get yellow…
- Age- Wearing away of enamel with age.
- Not taking good care of oral health.
- Chewing pan/gutka/tobacco.
- Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, aerated drinks.
How is tooth whitening done…
- Your dentist will figure out if you are a candidate for teeth whitening, by checking if you have adequate amount of enamel available, is there any sensitivity issues, or gum recession.
- The dentist will protect your gums around your front teeth with a gingival barrier
- A whitening gel is applied followed by applying a high powered light/laser for 10-15 minutes.This process is repeated 2/3 times varying with each patient.
- The whole process is a single sitting task taking 45 minutes to an hour to get that bright sparkle in your smile.
Advantages of teeth whitening…
- You get a dazzling…bright smile as you always dreamt of.
- No harm to the enamel or tooth structure.
- Everything is done in single visit.
- Can be repeated as often as twice a year without any damage to the teeth
Taking care of the whitened teeth…
- Avoid excessive consumption of tea, coffee and aerated drinks.
- Avoid colored foods and drinks to make the effect of whitening last for a long time
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional teeth cleaning and polishing.
- Brush and floss regularly.
- Use soft bristled tooth brush.
Our team at Dr Krinita Motwani’s plush Multi- speciality Dental clinic in Mumbai will be able to help you at the earliest. To book an appointment, contact us as follows
Dr. Krinita Motwani’s Dental Clinic
Khar west, Mumbai.
Mbl : 9820280343.
Visit us : www.drkrinitamotwani.com