Invisalign or the clear aligner is the most common braces alternative for adults. Generally, Invisalign can fix any issues like overbites, underbites, crossbites to serious malocclusions. They are custom-made for each patient to help correct their misaligned teeth. The best braces dentist near me recommends wearing Invisalign aligners for at least twenty hours a day. Patients with a strong set of teeth with gaps are the ideal candidate for Invisalign. Because of its translucent appearance, it is one of the most popular choices among people who don't want their aligners to get noticed by others.
Invisalign vs smile direct which aligner is better?
Smile direct and Invisalign both use the transparent aligner tray method for the straightening of teeth. The biggest difference between smile direct club vs Invisalign is that Invisalign aligners are administered, sold, and monitored by orthodontists and dentists. Invisalign around me is costlier than the smile direct and other traditional braces.
Whereas smile direct club uses remote teledentistry to directly sell trays to the customer via the postal services. They cut out the part of the middleman which could be the dentist or orthodontist. They employ orthodontists and dentists but they have no direct interactions with the patients. Smile Direct offers remote office treatment while Invisalign offers in-person treatment.
What are the disadvantages of having Invisalign?
Although Invisalign has many benefits it also has certain disadvantages as well.
- It requires compliance. You have to wear Invisalign aligners for at least 20 hours a day to get the maximum benefits.
- Costlier than other braces.invisible braces cost higher than traditional metal braces. The cost can defer depending on how long you have to wear them.
- Less effective for complex issues. Invisalign is more effective for people whose teeth require only certain kinds of movements. It may not be effective for complex dental issues.
- Food limitations. When the aligner is removed you may experience some kind of tooth soreness which can limit your choices in food. Hard food like candies and drinks like soda should be avoided.
What factors can affect the work of Invisalign?
If you want your Invisalign to work perfectly then you have to wear the Invisalign aligners for twenty hours a day. You should remove your Invisalign aligners only when you are
- Drinking or eating
- Cleaning your aligners
- Brushing or flossing your teeth.
Make sure not to clean your aligners with extremely hot or cold water as it can affect the recovery process and effectiveness of the aligners.
The complexity of a dental issue can also affect the recovery process of Invisalign. It may take longer for Invisalign to work if you have more complex or severe dental problems.
From the above-given matter, we got some useful information regarding clear aligners for Invisalign, the alternative of braces, disadvantages of Invisalign, Invisalign vs smile direct, and more. For further information please check out ivanortho.com
Article Source : https://www.gohealthtips.com/what-are-the-best-braces-alternatives/