If you are suffering from missing teeth then your dentist must have suggested you get a tooth implant. Not many people know that dental implants can offer the same benefits dentures and bridges offer. Numerous people still are not aware of the fact that for missing teeth restoration dental implants are also an option that can enhance your appearance. In this article, we have penned down almost everything regarding dental implants that a person should know. Do make sure to read this article till the end so as not to miss out on anything.
What do implants do?
A dental implant is a surgical procedure in which your dentist will replace the missing and damaged tooth position with artificial teeth that are made of the metal post to offer function and the ability to work like a natural tooth.
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Some people get confused about who should get these dental implants. We have mentioned some signs that will make you understand if you require implants or not so do make sure of reading these carefully:
- If you have missing teeth or tooth
- If your jawbone has fully grown
- If you are suffering from poor oral healthiness
- If you are facing rejection by dentures
- If you are suffering from a condition that affects the healing of bone
- If you suffering from improper speech
- If you are addicted to tobacco
How many types of implants are there?
There is two major types of implants are there such as:
- Endosteal Dental Implants
- Subperiosteal Dental Implants
How much do implants cost?
We have found from studies that dental implant costs can be anywhere between $3,100 to $5,800.the placement of the implant, post abutment, placement of a crown, and other necessary procedures.
How long do dental implants last?
We have asked the best orthodontist near me about the longevity of dental implants and found that with proper care, regular brushing, and flossing an dental implant can last for 10 years to 15 years. But it is important to visit the dentist every 6 months for a regular checkup.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
We have mentioned some effective benefits of dental implants that you may find helpful in further treatment such as:
- Getting dental implants can offer an enhanced appearance.
- Wearing dental implants can correct a patient's improper speech.
- Dental implants help in improving comfort.
- With dental implants eating and chewing is easier
- Dental implants offer high-quality oral hygiene
- Dental implants can last more than dentures and bridges
- Dental implants are convenient for every patient as they are not expensive and found anywhere by simply searching on the internet for a dentist near me open Saturday.
We hope you liked this article and it was somewhere a little help for you in understanding dental implants. If you are someone interested in knowing much more about dental implants and other dental procedures like dental bridges and crowns then do make sure to visit our website as we have the best experts to offer you treatment.