Parenteral Sedation Dentistry
We are providing IV dental sedation training for dentist nationally. This IV sedation dentistry course is a comprehensive “mini-residency” and includes a minimum of 60 hours of didactic / classroom education and direct participation in administering IV sedation to 20 – 30 clinical dental cases while being observed. Advanced training in airway management and medical emergencies included. Total CE credits will be approximately 100 hours.
This course is designed to prepare the dentist to incorporate intravenous sedation into the dental practice.
Developed and presented in accordance with the American Dental Associations Guidelines for Teaching Pain Control and Sedation to Dentists and Dental Students 2016 and Practice Guidelines for Sedation by Non-anesthesia Providers by the American Society of Anesthesiology.
- To prepare the dentist to incorporate safe IV sedation administration into practice
- Properly access and obtain appropriate medical history and assessment of patients to determine suitability of moderate sedation
- Understand the regulations and requirements of state legislation / dental boards, to adhere to national standards and guidelines
- To explain and understand agonist-antagonist effects and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly used sedative agents
- To recognize and react to medical emergencies while providing leadership and direction to others involved in resuscitative efforts
- Manage the airway using basic and advanced equipment and techniques
- Effectively utilize monitoring, pharmaceuticals and rescue equipment
This program is designed to meet and exceed the requirements to obtain a intravenous conscious sedation permit in most states. We encourage you to review your state requirements.
This leading parenteral moderate sedation training program teaches titration to affect with single and multiple sedative drug techniques in a faculty / participant / assisting staff / patient clinical setting.
All necessary equipment, supplies, medications and patients will be provided for sedation training clinical.