Cerec inLab: Prep Design

I have worked with the Cerec inLab for about a year now. Through trial and error and a variety of tests that I have done, it is my understanding that we need a certain type of prep design to be successful with this CAD/CAM system. It seems as though preps with nice shoulder's on them turn out pretty accurate to me. There is usually only a few minor adjustments to be made. However, with a knife edge prep I run into many issues. The margin isn't clear on the 3D model therefore it mills out horribly. What I would like to find out is if there is a way to make these preps work, and if so how? If there is anyone out there that can help please let me know!

Thank You,

Annie Ries

You need to be a member of WebDental, LLC to add comments!

Join WebDental, LLC

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• call steven koda from artistic smile dental lab
    he trains labs on cerec -

Artistic Smile Dental Studio - Contact Us
    Artistic Smile Dental Studio 8940 Reseda Boulevard Suite 201. Northridge, CA 91324. Map. Phone: (818) 993-3039. email Steven Koda, CDT at ...
    www.artisticsmiledentalstudio.com/contact.php - Cached
  • Hi John,

Thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it very much! Glad to hear that someone agrees with me on the scanner.

Annie Ries
  • Hi Annie,

I too am an InLab user (less than one year). Although I don't work with these types of preparations, I would think that if there is not sufficient taper on the prep, the InEos won't "see" the knife edge margin well enough since it's "line of sight" only. The new InEos Blue system probably would resolve that as you can tip the model to capture all surfaces effortlessly, unlike with the current InEos.

John Gimpel, CDT, TE
This reply was deleted.