Are brushing and flossing really that important? Perhaps surprisingly, the answer is a definitive yes because these two short and simple habits are extraordinarily good at cleaning out the mouth.

Toothbrush bristles, for example, are thin enough to cover most of the surfaces of a tooth (and whatever gaps they can’t reach, a piece of floss can clean out just as well). Combined with a fluoride toothpaste, your toothbrush is powerful enough both to scrub the malignant bacteria and food residue from the mouth and to remineralize the protective enamel on your teeth.

Read more here:http://www.stellardentalllc.com/dental-hygiene-periodontal-health/

You need to be a member of WebDental, LLC to add comments!

Join WebDental, LLC

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am totally agreed with Dr. Gotora. I would like to thank him for sharing such a great article among us. 

I would like to add my thoughts o this.

Brushing and flossing are both important for your oral health. The objective of flossing and brushing is to stop plaque development. Plaque comprises of highly affected bacteria. Brushing just expels plaque from the front and back surfaces of your teeth. 

Here are some tips for taking care of your child’s teeth:

• Choose a small, child-sized, soft-bristled toothbrush. Soaking the brush in warm water for a few minutes before brushing can soften the bristles even more.
    • Both the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend using an amount of fluoride toothpaste the size of a grain of rice as soon as your baby's first tooth appears. You can graduate to a pea-sized amount when your child turns 3 years old.
    • Brush your child's teeth twice a day - in the morning and just before bed. Spend 2 minutes brushing, concentrating a good portion of this time on the back molars. This is an area where cavities often first develop. Take turns brushing with your child, as she may want to help.

As per our dentist in West Des Moines we recommend you brush and floss your teeth twice a day and keep germs away. 

Dentist in Des Moines area | West Des Moines | Plaza Dental Group
    Best dentist in West Des Moines Iowa Plaza Dental Group provides affordable, quality dental services from leading dentists Dr. Mohan and Dr. Jensen.…
  • Maintaining oral health is the foremost priority of an individual. It is very necessary to seek the right consultation to get free from oral problems. Dental check-ups are very essential to get free of oral problems. If you are looking for the Best Dentist in Delhi then it is time to consult Dr. Gargi Kandhari. She provides the correct treatment for making one free of tooth problems. She has a solution to all the tooth problems.

Home
    Dr Gargi Kandhari, the top best dentist in Delhi, Vasant Vihar offering all dental treatments at Kandhari's Dental Clinic in Vasant Vihar, Greater Ka…
This reply was deleted.