According to a research, apart from brushing regular use of mouthwash helps destroy a number of germs. Dentists worldwide are stressing on the need for mouthwash daily.
Many people think that it takes a lot of effort to have a healthy mouth. In order to have optimal oral health it is advisable to brush teeth at least twice a day, use mouthwash and floss once. While a number of people know that brushing and flossing removes bacteria and plaque, but they think mouthwash doesn't do anything other than making the breath smell minty. Dentists in Pune and worldwide have broken the myth that mouthwash is used as a breath freshener. However, mouthwash has more benefits to it.
A research conducted by scientists from Johnson & Johnson Consumer and Personal Products Worldwide, shows that mouthwash goes a long way in reducing harmful and unwanted substances in the mouth that cause tooth decay and gum disease. Dentists in Pune and across the globe stress on daily oral care regimen for optimal dental health. The study showed that people using germ-killing mouthwash experienced a considerable reduction in gingivitis and plaque as compared to the ones who used a placebo mouthwash. The other group used mouthwash with minty scent and zero germ-fighting ability.
Mouth rinse having germ-destroying ability is more effective than placebo mouth rinse. It reduces the occurrence of plaque and gingivitis to a great extent. Including it in regular dental hygiene regimen has shown impressive results. There is also no need to undergo root canal treatment or any other dental treatment, with the routine use of mouthwash. The major benefits are mentioned below:
· Mouthwash reaches back of the mouth and surfaces where a toothbrush or floss cannot.
· Considerable reduction in gingivitis, plaque and other dental and gum problems.
· Combats germs in reachable areas in the mouth and fights against gum disease-causing germs.
· Rinsing with a fluoride mouthwash prevents cavities and tooth decay.
· Loosens and removes food particles lodged in between spaces, thereby acting as floss.
· A popular product for oral hygiene, mouthwashes come in an assortment of flavors to act as a breath freshener.
· They also contain an active ingredient that protects against some oral diseases.
Though mouthwash takes less than a minute, it can have a major and positive impact on dental health. Hence, people must include mouthwash in their oral care regimen. You can successfully avoid the onset of dental problems.