Dental problems are becoming common among people of all age groups. Even a small problem relating to your teeth can cause lot of trouble and could lead to serious long-term health issues, if you do not take care of your teeth now.
One of the most common symptoms that all of us are well aware of is bad breath. You might have talked with someone that has bad breath.
Is that a fun experience?
On the other side of that, having bad breath is very embarrassing and can make you highly uncomfortable. Bad breath is the first warning that you get when there is a problem with your teeth.
Test for Checking Bad Breath
Are you really concerned about your teeth and want to take care of it?
Well,here is a simple test. You can test yourself and find out if you have a bad breath problem. To take the test, wash your hands clean. Put your finger in your mouth deep inside till it touches the back of your tongue.
Next, rub your finger over your tongue and scrap some saliva. Dab your finger on your palm and rub the saliva from your finger. Wait for half a minute and bring your palm close to your nose and hold it. You will smell any bad breath if you really have.
How Bad Breath Starts
If you are suffering from bad breath, you need to find cure for it. But first you have to know how bad breath starts.
There are a few things that can cause bad breath. There is bacteria in your mouth which keeps covering the mouth from inside.
The bacteria hang over your tongue, gums and reside between your teeth. Bacteriawill multiply over time and start producing toxins and chemicals which causes the bad odor smell in your mouth.
What causes bad breath?
- Bad habits: Smoking cigarettes, cigars, pipe or chewing tobacco leads to severe harm to your teeth and mouth.
- Tonsils: Most people have their tonsils removed, but if you have your tonsils, they can also lead to bad breath.
- Stomach problems: stomach problems such as ulcer, viruses and having an upset stomach can cause bad breath.
Tips for OvercomingBad Breath:
- To avoid bad breath, the obvious is taking care of your teeth and health.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. Use of tongue scraper to keep your tongue clean.
- Gargle with mouth wash to reduce bad breath.
- Drink sufficient wateras it reduces bacteria.
- Digest your food well.
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco.
If you need some help with a bad breath problem, visit Friendly Dental Group of South Park, one of the best south park dental practices in South Charlotte North Carolina.