What Is Tooth Sensitivity :
Tooth Sensitivity is a very common problem in 80% of the population of every age group. Tooth sensitivity is mainly called dentinal sensitivity of the tooth. When upper and most hard layer of teeth Enamel is worn off dentine is exposed which is a sensitive layer of teeth and it causes sensitivity to the person while drinking cold or hot beverages, while eating sweet food, or even by high acidic food.
Reasons Of Tooth Sensitivity :
There are many reasons in every individual why you may be facing tooth sensitivity. Some of the leading causes of tooth sensitivity are:
- Gum Disease
- Worn or cracked fillings
- Worn tooth enamel
- Exposed tooth root
- Poor Oral Hygiene practices
- Fractured teeth
- No proper dental visits
- Smoking tobacco
Tips to Reduce Tooth Sensitivity :
- Oral hygiene should be maintained properly for every age group. Ask our best dentists of Udaipur for a proper brushing and flossing method which will reduce the sensitivity.
- Use Fluoridated dental pastes. Fluoride creates a protective layover over the teeth, which provides strength to the enamel and shields the teeth from harsh temperatures & acidic foods.
- Take it a step further and use a prescribed toothpaste from our dentists.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Hard bristles can damage your enamel by abrasion and causes sensitivity.
- Brushing technique gently and slowly, in a circular motion along with your teeth and gums. This will remove plaque and bacteria without damaging your teeth and gums.
- Avoid super sweet and acidic food. Soda, sticky candy, and high-carb diets all attack tooth enamel and can contribute to sensitive teeth.
- Visit our dentist regularly and take the best dental opinion. Our dentists are experts to evaluate the causes of sensitivity and resolve it.
We at Mumbai dental clinic & Implant center: Udaipur provide all kinds of treatment for sensitivity. Our experts are specialized for all age groups to provide the best dental treatment in Udaipur. We recommend visiting twice in a year for a routine dental check-up and maintain your oral cavity as advised by our dentists.
Also Read - Dental Implant - Preparation, Steps and Results
Dr. Siddharth Jain
He is the Soul of this dentistry practice. A proficient dentist and Implantologist, Dr. Siddharth comes with over 10 years of rich experience and niche skills in his field. His mission is to provide comprehensive dental services to all patients in an environment that is safe, reassuringly pleasant, and comfortable. Dr. Jain’s expertise goes beyond routine cases, into Implantologist, Laser surgeries, etc. He believes in constantly upgrading his skills and regularly attends conferences and workshops to keep abreast with the latest technology. He is a Member Of IDA, DCI, ISOI, and many more renowned associations of dentistry.
Book an appointment today with us :