Painless root canal procedure in the Bronx, NY. A root canal is needed when the nerve of a tooth has become infected or diseased. If you suffer from an abscessed tooth, visit our root canal specialist to save your tooth and eliminate the pain. A root canal treatment removes the pulp and nerve from your infected tooth to save it and prevent other potentially serious consequences. Our dental specialists can perform the procedure in about an hour, making it a quick, highly effective, and safe way to preserve your smile and maintain your oral health.
What Is a Root Canal?
The root canal in your tooth is the natural chamber in the center of your tooth for the pulp, nerve and blood supply. After your tooth has erupted from the gum as a child, the nerve itself is not essential for the health of your tooth. But it remains to warn you of cavities and infections.
If the nerve or pulp becomes damaged or diseased, a root canal infection or an abscess can develop in or around the tooth. If bacteria multiply inside the pulp chamber, an abscess or pus-filled pocket forms in or around the pulp chamber or at the end of the root. Your dentist often recommends removing the pulp and nerves for root canal treatment because the infection can spread to the rest of your body. The root canal procedure in the Bronx is a great and affordable way to save your infected tooth without extraction.
Symptoms and Causes of Root Canal Infection
Tooth infections produce throbbing pain. Other symptoms include:
- Swelling of your face, neck or head
- Bone loss around the root of the tooth
- Drainage problems extending outward from the root of the tooth, allowing the infection to drain into your gums or skin
Damage to the tooth’s nerve or pulp occurs for several different reasons. Deep decay or large fillings to correct previous decay weakens the surrounding tooth. Repeated dental procedures on a single tooth also compromise the tooth’s structure. Any trauma, chip or crack in a tooth provides the circumstances for tooth damage and infection.
Procedure for Root Canal Treatment
Our leading dentist in the Bronx can repair many root canal infections if caught early. If the root canal specialist determines your infection is more advanced, he prepares you for the procedure. Root canal treatment includes the following:
- Your Bronx dentist takes X-rays to see the extent of the damage inside your tooth and determines if the surrounding bone or tissue is infected.
- You’re given local anesthesia to numb the area near the tooth.
- To keep the area and tooth dry and free of saliva, a rubber dam — a small sheet of rubber — is placed around the tooth.
- Your dentist (open on Saturday) drills an access hole into the tooth to reach the pulp chamber.
- He removes the pulp, bacteria, decayed nerve tissue, and related debris, carefully scraping the inner cavity clean.
- After the tooth is cleaned, it’s disinfected and sealed with a special sealant to protect the bone where the root originally was located.
- If the infection is severe, your dentist may wait to seal the root. Instead, he inserts antibiotic medicine inside the tooth. You have to return for a second visit to remove the medicine and seal the tooth. A temporary filling is placed in the tooth until you return.
- After sealing the root, your dentist fills the access hole he drilled in your tooth.
- Because a root canal procedure involves a large amount of decay, your dentist often places a crown over the tooth to protect it and prevent it from breaking. This helps to restore full function.
505 Dental Associates
505 Claremont Parkway,
Bronx, NY 10457
Web Address https://www.bronx-ny-dentist.com
Our location on the map: https://g.page/dentist-in-the-bronx-nyc
Parkchester | Van Nest | Morris Park | Pelham Bay | Schuylerville | Allerton
10460 | 10461 | 10462 | 10465 | 10467
Monday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Payment: Discover, Visa, Invoice, MasterCard, Check, Cash, Financing, American Express.