If you are unhappy with the aesthetic appearance of your smile, cosmetic dentist Marielaina Perrone DDS can use various dental procedures to enhance your smile. Cosmetic dentistry treatments, technology, and materials continue to move forward, offering patients more options than ever to achieve the ideal smile of their dreams. Below you will read about some of the most common cosmetic dentistry in Henderson, NV.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening is typically completed in one appointment. The teeth whitening procedure involves applying a specialized gel with a powerful bleaching agent to the teeth, activated by a specialized light.
Following treatment, you may receive custom whitening trays and gel to use at home to enhance and maintain your results periodically.
Why patients choose teeth whitening:
- Whitening is perfect for lifting stains caused by red wine, coffee, tea, smoking, and certain medications
- Minimal discomfort (some patients will experience temporary tooth sensitivity)
- Fast, uniform esthetic results
- A whiter smile exhibits a healthier and more youthful smile
Porcelain veneers are tiny porcelain shells chemically bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth. These can hide imperfections and create a more uniform-looking smile. Veneers are commonly used to hide small tooth chips or cracks, uneven tooth edges, small misalignments, stains, or discoloration that will not respond to whitening or even abnormally shaped teeth.
Veneers typically require one to two visits to design and place.
Why patients choose veneers:
- Can quickly transform an imperfect smile into a flawless one
- Custom shade matching to the surrounding teeth for a uniform cosmetic result
- Conservative treatment as just a small amount of natural tooth structure is removed
- Lasting results with the proper at-home care and dental maintenance
Dental bonding is applying a tooth-colored resin using specialized light to cover tooth chips, cracks, stains, or gaps between teeth. The material can be sculpted and molded to improve the tooth’s size, shape, and spacing. It blends in seamlessly with your natural smile and is virtually undetectable.
Bonding typically takes one appointment to complete.
Why patients choose dental bonding:
- Fast cosmetic results
- Little tooth structure needs to be removed
- Inexpensive compared to other esthetic treatments
- Results last a long time